Why CAFM software is not worthwhile [Update 2021]
WHY Abbreviation for "Computer Aided Facility Management": CAFM is the support of facility management by information technology in the form of a computer program consisting of a database and a user interface. Here ... more NOT WORTH IT ... Or is it ?!
It's a quick decision: CAFM systems are big, expensive, time-consuming, resource-eating and therefore quite often no longer used, once they are paid.
Keller software means that if the software was not even installed. And cemetery software, if it does.
So it is agreed by mutual agreement: CAFM software It's not worth it. Not for caretaker. And certainly not for facility managers.
And the Management?
Managing director, board member, dean, district administrator or mayor? They need that least of all, because they are supposed to run business and not monitor fire dampers or elevators - for Operator responsibility After all, there are service providers (even if they constantly deny it). They also assured us in conversation that everything was fine. And the boss is not liable. How great...
Who needs something like that?
But why then do so many CAFM software provider with even more modules a much bigger fanfare? Are they bored?
Apparently. After all, relocations can be carried out for a very long time without module relocation management: packing crates, placing trucks in front of the door, packing crates, placing trucks in front of the next door, unloading crates, unpacking - and half have disappeared. This ultimately helps in the argument against the tax office in the context of the next tax audit and is therefore very welcome.
Or energy management. Who will need it today? Techem has been counting heat consumption for some time, Esso has always been fuel oil and financial accounting the gray hair, which fails with the ever increasing age anyway. Whether there is a correlation between expenses and tasks, at most, shows up when someone gives up in FiBu.
But rarely happens, so it is not relevant to the operation.
Maintenance by breakdown. How nice...
The topic of space management is also popular with such software solutions. And above all, these grandiose acclaimed enemy differentiations called "breathing cleaning" or "cleaning on demand"! The jaucht the Spüli only when needed on the linoleum.
And the carpet is only sucked, if a sufficient saturation of the high-pile carpeting with ashes, crumbs and new gray hair is achieved by sufficient visit in the boardroom. As if the minimum wage cleaning staff had elevated to luxury goods. Simply ridiculous.
Also popular: the maintenance. Of course, it is massively overestimated.
After all, even a computer with some software does not change the fact that something breaks down only when it's broken. And then you notice first that it is broken: "Maintanance by breakdown" is finally displayed reliably just in time. So software is completely useless here too. Admittedly, the advisor's voices rise and declare their mantra of predictive maintenance. The correct translation "algorithm-based glass-ball reading" is probably too long for these little minds.
This would prove once and for all: CAFM software is completely useless. Costs a lot of money. Costs a lot of time. And anyway nobody can handle it. Which finally invalidates the argument of usability (how do you pronounce that?). Is not too short, right?
Better buy a new Porsche for the money saved. It's more fun than CAFM software.
And it also hides the hair that is becoming less and less. Better the market leader from Zuffenhausen than the CAFM software market leader. Is clear.
Or was there something else ...?
Hmmm - you'll probably wonder if CAFM not even has good sides.
And what is Abbreviation for "Computer Aided Facility Management": CAFM is the support of facility management by information technology in the form of a computer program consisting of a database and a user interface. Here ... more at all? What does CAFM cost? And what's the point?
Granted, something comes to my mind. I'll put that together briefly. On my personal "CAFM list". Further down.
All the best
MY LITTLE CAFM LIST. OR ANSWER TO THE QUESTION: WHAT IS CAFM SOFTWARE?
- Order management with booking and invoicing workflow in one system
- Bi-directional connection of third-party software such as FiBu, SAP etc.
- Budgeting with automatic update
- Cost centers in any depth
- Dashboards on the actual status of budgets
- Evaluation of costs in tables, charts and graphs
- Evaluation according to cost centers, properties and other freely definable parameters
- Automatic alerts when setpoints are exceeded
- Orders directly from the Abbreviation for "Computer Aided Facility Management": CAFM is the support of facility management by information technology in the form of a computer program consisting of a database and a user interface. Here ... more
- AB comparison of investments, real estate and locations
- Defining limit values and determining benchmarks
- Monitoring of consumption
- Detection and definition of optimization potentials
- Consumption-optimized building control
- Cost-oriented maintenance
- At any time insight into all object data
- Critical equipment and features easily identifiable
- Help desk with feedback for damage detectors
- Uniform data structure across all properties
- Optimized, unified and managed workflows
- Less downtime of equipment, machines and equipment
- Help desk allows notifications by each employee
- Faster reaction times
- Easier organization of work processes
- More flexible control of employees and teams
- Updating orders and their order in real time
- Simplified logging of work
- Connection of IoT sensor for data in real time
- Optimized removal management
- Simple conference room management
- Intuitive masks for room bookings, help desk, queries
- Display of assignments via connection to information systems in the house
- Individual and automated control of room functions
- Automatic control of building functions according to daily schedules and calendars
- Encrypted data communication and data management
- Audit-proof data management
- Clear assignment of rights
- Alerts for pending or exceeded inspection, inspection and maintenance appointments
- Escalation of critically exceeded deadlines in the context of security
- Free definition of alerts, hints and escalation scenarios
- Clear assignment of activities to responsible persons
- Complete documentation of maintenance and repair work
- Full documentation of technical and other tests
- Reports for tax audits at the push of a button
- Integration of binding legal texts and regulations via interfaces
- Mantandten and multi-user capability
- GEFMA certified software solution
- Amortization in a few months to years: normal
- Immediate amortization: when you hear the word exculpation for the first time in court
We are sorry that you did not like this post so much.
How can we improve that?